Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Taking The Plunge Into Empower Network

 The first time I remember taking the plunge was as a child.

 

My sister Cherie and I were taken to Charleston, Illinois to visit for a week or two in the summer.  This was some time in the early 1980’s. I remember that because, while we were there, I watched MTV for the first time. It was heavy pop and rock and the only R&B artist I remember seeing was Michael Jackson!

Anyway, it was the very first my sister and I had been that far away from our mother and  traveled outside of the world as we knew it, the South Side of Chicago. To me, it was really taking the plunge because the 3 hour car ride had taken us into whole new world. I had never seen so much CORN, a bigger house and finer decor!

My god brother Carl was scheduled for swimming lessons. He was unable to attend and I was chosen to go in his place. I learned to kick and float and all the basics of swimming. The last day of class, the instructor marched us to the deep end of the pool.  He informed us that we would take the plunge from the top of the diving board into the deep.

I was stricken with horror! I had never ventured into the water past my waist before that week and he wanted to me to take the plunge into what seemed to be my death! When it was my turn, he told me, “You can do it! Just dive in and when you get to the bottom, flip over and PUSH yourself up to the top!” I walked up the ladder shaking like a leaf! Got to the edge of the board, mimicked what I had seen on television. I put my hands in the praying position and dove in! Splash!

I was taking the plunge !!!  When I hit the water, I did exactly what the instructor told me. In seconds, I found myself on the top of the water, everyone cheering while the assistant helped me back to the edge of the pool.


Taking the plunge is taking a chance. It feels like the scariest thing in the world until you actually do it. Then, you realize, it really wasn’t so bad and probably should have done it a long time ago!

Have you been considering taking the plunge into Empower Network? It’s like my swim instructor said, “You can do it! Just dive in…and PUSH yourself up to the top!”


Better yet, Do it! Check out this prerecorded webinar on How Empower Network works and then connected with me so we can get you started!

You are just like me in the 80′s. You are heading down a road into whole new world with endless possibilities,  just a lot less corn!

Blessings and more blessings to you,

Cherise Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment