Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Effect of Music On the Mind!


The effect of music on the mind is powerful! 

I realized just how powerful today. I decided to cut down on the music that is synced to my iPhone so that I could make room for apps audiobooks and podcasts that will keep me productive and motiviated as I build my online blogging business. Well today, I was craving a little R&B. So, I decided that I would listen but keep it inspirational. One of the songs I listened to was The World’s Greatest by R. Kelly from the Ali soundtrack. The effect of music on the mind yielded a great feeling. I was so hyped up!  I sang and danced around all morning listening to The World's Greatest
 while I did some housework.  You should have been the fly on the wall. It was probably hilarious to watch!




Some of the lyrics are:



The effect of music on the mind was so powerful from this song because the lyrics, melody and the music project, tenacity, winning and success!

 From the video’s beginning showing us a little boy being persistent until he received an autograph from the champ to the champ winning the fight with fanfare, confetti and a choir singing was great! It felt so good that I probably listened to the song about 10 times! 



Here are some tips to help the effect of music on the mind create wonderful experiences each time you listen:

-       Listening to be uplifted?  If you are blue don’t listen to the Blues, it will probably make you bluer! Unless of course you are listening to Johnny Taylor’s Last Two Dollars! 




-       Listening to music to create a mood? If you need to quiet your mind for prayer and/or meditation, calming instrumentals with earth sounds are great.

-       Listening to have fun? If you are having a dance party, then DARN IT, play music to dance!! Dougie, Stanky Leg, Wobble and Wang Wit It!


*** In case you haven't seen the video above, that's Beyonce doing The Wobble! Go Girl!!***

If you are a music buff you know that the effects of music on the mind is powerful! How often does the one song you hate get stuck in your head and replays over and over again! You just can’t help it! It’s just there!

I’ll leave you with this. Will.i.am says to Tyrese Gipson in the video The Making of Open Invitation: Music let’s you have a connection to people’s emotions!   

Rightly, the effect of music on the mind is amazing so make sure it is appropriate for the situation and it’s speaking good things into your soul!


Blessings!

Cherise Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment