Monday, October 15, 2012

A Psychic Told Me I Was A Worrywart!

I didn't pay anything and out of the blue the psychic told me I was a worrywart !

 

Well she didn’t call me a “wart”!  Although, she was the first person to tell me that I was worrier. In the early 1990’s, when Ms. Cleo was popular and there were dozens people making money telling people their futures, my sister Cherie received a flyer for a psychic reading in the downtown Chicago. Since we were downtown, Cherie being the daring/scary sister that she is, had already made up her mind that she was going. She just wanted me to go with her.  We called our family and told them, where we were going, what we were wearing and if we didn’t called them in a couple of hours, to call the police and send them to that address!
 
When we got to the psychic's apartment, we met a regular lady in a regular apartment. No beaded curtains hanging in the entryway, no incense burning and she wasn't wearing a long glittery robe and turban.  Everything was so regular that a fuse even blew when someone turn on the microwave...scared Cherie and me to pieces!

I sat in a chair away from Cherie and her. She talked to Cherie and told her things, that were true at the time and in hindsight, somethings she said turned out like she predicted.  But during her talk with my sister, kept turning to look at me. Then finally, on Cherie’s dime and time, she tells me, “You worry too much!” Stop worrying to much.”

Me a worrywart ?

As it turned out, I was a HUGE worrywart, the medical diagnosis was post-tramatic stress disorder in 2010. Through prayer, counseling, and a dietary supplement my lifestyle has changed. I am doing better and better each day. I’ve come a long way.

I’ve learned that God can use the complexities of being a worrier to put us on a path to better futures.
Worrying signals that there is something that needs attention.  Being a worrywart  is giving license to problems to hang around, to live in chaos, and to condone being stagnate.  It’s unhealthy!

Worrywarts have access to change!

We must be prepared to deal with it head on. We have to get in the trenches and fight, fight FIGHT!!
If you’re like me, you believe all things work out. It’s just that sometimes, you worry about HOW, UNTIL you get there. Or, you are that someone who worries so much that you feel paralyzed and can’t move.  You have a choice. You can either ALWAYS stay stuck in a rut or you can get healthy and get free.

For help with using anxiety and worry to help propel you to a better life,  pick up: The Anxious Christian by Rhett Smith!  He's is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist!
Relax, get well and get free!

Don’t be a worrywart !


Blessings and More Blessings to you,


Cherise Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment